Business Activity has basically come to a halt as we know it due to the impacts of Coronavirus. Business owners that we speak to are facing operational and revenue generating challenges while at the same time being in compliance with the Essential Business Executive Order. This update provides resource information we have received that may be helpful.
Response From Government and Philanthropy, Universities
Loans, Grants, Procurement, Moratoriums,
New York City Department of Small Business Services
Essential Businesses and Economic Impact of Coronavirus
Response from Financial Essential Businesses in the BID Boundaries Customers continued to need essential banking services
The list below are financial institutions located within the BID boundaries and a summary of policy adjustments and links for more information
350 West 125th Street
55 West 125th Street
Industrial Bank Harlem
382 West 125th Street
Temporarily closed until further notice. On-line banking services available.
Bank of America
215 West 125th Street
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND RESOURCES FOR THE 125TH STREET BUSINESSES AND HARLEM COMMUNITY AT-LARGE
We will continue to provide you with regular updates during these trying times for all of us.
Links for New York City Resources
- SBS: Best practices for businesses
- Department of Health: DOHMH’ s website
- Things You Can Do Flyer
- FAQ on Home Monitoring
- Department of Education: All New York City Public Schools will be closed starting Monday, March 16th, 2020.
- Guidance from NYCHA
- Guidance from the Taxi and Limousine Commission
- Guidance for congregate setting
- Guidance on pet/service animal preparedness
- Updated protocols memo from NYS courts
- Land Use Decision Making Process suspended
Text COVID to 692-692 for updates
State of 125th Street during Coronavirus
- The majority of our administrative
employees are working remotely.
- Our Sanitation Clean Team
continues to provide services 7am to 7pm and our Public Safety Team is on the streets from Monday to Friday from 11am to 7pm.
- for sanitation and public safety you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- all other questions and inquiries should go to email@example.com
125th Street Foot Traffic has also been affected and this has impacted our business.
- Some of our businesses are very busy and some of them have very few customers to no customers.
- Some are closing early, some are closed until further notice.
- We are have observed businesses that are allowing customers in one-by-one and stores that are not opening at all.
- Shows at the Apollo Theater are closed.
- Businesses have also moved to take out and delivery only and some are offering take out service only.
Business Support from NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Zero Interest Loans. Businesses with fewer than 100 employees, seeing a documented decrease in sales up to 25% or more will be eligible for zero-interest loans up to $75,000 to help mitigate losses in profit.
- Eligible small businesses with fewer than five employees can receive a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees. See links below:
Other Useful Business Links